Concrete floors have become fashionable and prominent in the world of retail and home spaces.
Typically they are easy to maintain and keep a beautiful appearance for long periods of time. Of course, results may vary depending on weather, traffic, and other conditions that may arise in that location.
The amount of attention needed to keep a concrete floor sparkling clean will be easy in a home compared to a store.
Generally speaking, the bulk of the cleaning will be simple sweeping and damp mopping. The idea is to keep the sealer and finish (or wax) free of scuffing debris and stain formation from whatever the concrete floor may encounter.
Here a few tips to keep that finish looking brand spanking new:
- Keep unpolished concrete floors sealed with a high quality polymer sealer.
- Use a quality floor wax with slip resistance as a top coat to help keep the sealer tight, and keeps it easy to maintain.
- Use floor mats in entryways to help prevent scuffing from debris on shoe bottoms.
- Dust sweep daily if possible to keep the floor scuff free from the fine dust and dirt that can settle on the floor.
- Use a neutral floor cleaner (like Neutra-GREEN) for light cleaning to protect the wax coating. Avoid solvent containing cleaners and degreasers (like Lysol, Pine-SOL, Orange-based products)
- Keep cleaning solution fresh to avoid streaking or scuffing from debris picked up.
- Maintain the concrete floor regularly to keep its appearance and protection in tip-top shape.
- Avoid using tape or adhesives on the top coat.
- Use only soft pads to to prevent scuffing of the top coat.
Concrete floors are beautiful and easy to maintain once set up properly. Keep them looking great with regular maintenance and cleaning routines!